Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Head Hurts

Today I was still feeling a little under the weather, so during studio time, I took the time to relax and find a quiet place to research more about what I want to pursue for my IP Project.  I went to the Duderstadt Library, Borders, and back to my apartment, but still left all three places with a feeling of uncertainty.  

I know for a fact that I am interested in creating something that either tells a story or solves a problem.  

Storytelling always fascinates me, whether it be a video documentary, or a narrative told through photographs.  As I said in an earlier post, I am really responding to the NY Times 1 in 8 million project.  I love the idea that the observer is drawn into the individual's life through photography and sound.

In addition to working with photography, and sound, a medium that I am very passionate about is design.  I believe I could solve problems through design.  Graphic Design has been my most successful medium throughout the past four years, and my last two internships were heavily focused on design.  You can truly transform a space by utilizing successful design.  

I believe I am somewhat at a crossroads because I have yet to see IP work completed by past seniors.  I would love the opportunity to learn about what previous seniors, especially designers, completed for their IP project so I can get a better sense of the project as a whole.  Right now, the whole idea of creating a year-long project seems quite foreign and overwhelming.  

What am I going to do next?  This weekend I am going to set up my studio, and maybe the studio will provide me with some inspiration!  My family is coming to visit this weekend so maybe they will provide some good insight.  I am going to continue to blog this weekend, to get all of my frustrations out.

I am confident that I will create a great project.  I just need time to think over what it is I want to create.  




No comments:

Post a Comment