Sunday, March 7, 2010

Different meanings of "Home"

This homeless project has taught me different meanings of home.  It is a very sad subject, but the meaning of home can take many forms.  Sad, funny, memorable, etc.

Thought I'd share this sound piece I did for my other studio class.  The assignment:  interview someone about their home.

I interviewed my dad because he is so attached to his 17-year old car, it's like his second home.  I interviewed him in the kitchen and he was very serious about the interview.  I added his car sounds in later.  My mom kept chiming in the background and I thought it was funny so I kept it in towards the end.  My dad tells a story about the car going through inspection that neither of us knew before, so there was a funny reaction that I felt needed to stay in:


No comments:

Post a Comment